It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe, so here I am with a healthy stir fry greens recipe! It just takes a few minutes to make and even though you don’t need many ingredients, you can customise it according to your taste. Hope you enjoy!
Serves 2-3 people
- 300g green beans
- 200g petit pois
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Put the bulgur wheat in a saucepan with some cold water and heat on the hob. When the water is boiling, crumble a stock cube into it and stir. It will take about 8-10 minutes to cook properly.
- Cook the green beans and peas together in another saucepan. Drain and keep aside.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in some chilli flakes, cayenne pepper and let it sputter.
- Add in the drained beans and peas to the frying pan and fry on low heat for a few minutes.
- Once this is cooked, enjoy alongside the bulgar wheat. Drizzle some soy sauce and sprinkle sea salt over it to finish it off!
- Bonus tip: You can also sprinkle some crispy onions or crumble some tortilla chips over it all for some extra crunch!
I hope you like the sound of this! I’m a huge fan of bulgur wheat because it it so versatile and goes with practically ANYTHING. I think it forms the holy trinity along with cous cous and quinoa that I try to have in my cupboard at all times. What are some of your staples? I’d love to know!